There are a number of factors that put stress on your foundation. Unfortunately, most of them are out of your control. That puts stress on you. Give us a call today. We will be happy to apply our years of experience to your home’s unique needs. We know your home is your most prized possession and no one should have to live in fear of foundation damage signs.
1. Evaporation: Hot dry wind and intense heat will often cause the soil to shrink beneath the foundation.
2. Transpiration: Tree roots may desiccate the soil beneath a home causing the soil to shrink and the home to settle.
3. Plumbing Leaks: Water from plumbing leaks is often a cause of foundation problems.
4. Drainage: Improper drainage is one of the leading causes of foundation failure. Excess moisture will erode or consolidate soils and cause settlement.
5. Inferior Foundation Construction: Insufficient steel and inferior concrete will contribute to movement in the slab.
6. Inferior Ground Preparation: Soft, low-density soils and/or improperly compacted soil beneath a home is the leading cause of foundation failure.
7. Poor Soil Conditions: Poor soil and its expansion and/or contraction contribute to foundation failure.
Signs on the inside of the house that indicate foundation problems may include:
Signs on the outside of the house that indicate foundation problems may include:
Signs in the garage that indicate foundation problems may include:
Signs in the basement that indicate foundation problems may include:
Bowed walls are any foundation wall that’s leaning or buckling due to inward or outward movement. We often see bowed walls in older homes that have dealt with years of freeze-and-thaw cycles. Bowed walls can also be caused by poor construction, water pressure building up in the soil outside the home, and large tree roots creating added pressure.
If the walls in your basement are bowed, leaning or cracking, B-Level can help. Our team provides repair services to straighten and stabilize crawl space and bowed basement wall foundations.
Depending on how severe your walls are damaged, we offer a variety of basement foundation repair options. B-Level specializes in the installation of fixed steel beams, adjustable steel beams, carbon fiber reinforcement, and helical tie-backs.
Choosing the right option is critical for long-term success. Having serviced bowed basement walls in Columbus for over two decades, B-Level has certified field representatives and installers to custom-tailor the right solution for your situation. Our team works closely with engineers to customize projects that meet our customers’ needs while following all licensing and permit requirements.
Before and after photos highlighting our Bowed Basement Walls service.
B-Level provides foundation repair for chimneys that are sinking or pulling away from the house. Our team also services leaning homes, basement walls, wing walls, porches, and columns.
B-Level offers a permanent, engineered solution to stabilize and straighten leaning chimneys using the RamJack piering system. Our RamJack piers are designed to handle tough jobs of any size, with a Transferable Lifetime Warranty to back them up.
With over 20 years of service in Central Ohio under our belts, B-Level’s licensed and certified technicians can stabilize your leaning chimney, making it safe for use.
Before and after photos highlighting our Leaning Chimney service.
If your home has foundation issues, it can lead to problems that are dangerous and expensive. You need to work with an expert to ensure the problem is fixed in a timely and cost-effective manner. B-Level can walk you through the problems with your foundation and the benefits of repairing the damages.